Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Getting to Know the Candidates for School Board, Part I

The best thing about the candidate's forum was the crowd!  Way to go, Katy!  I would guess about 100 people came; HUGE numbers-- Often, these things have drawn maybe 5-6 people who weren't married to a candidate.  Rotary Club did a great job hosting the event, and I hope they will step up make this a tradition.

In general, I liked the format.  I thought it was a bit odd that they dove into questions with no opening statements, and also had no closing.  However, all the candidates managed to pack in plenty of information as they answered the 5 questions posed by the moderator.  The questions were open-ended enough to require thoughtful responses, and I think most people left the forum feeling like they knew the candidates a bit better.  Over the next 5 days I will take a question and recap their answers.

Also check out their thoughts via the answers posted to a questionnaire from the Taylor Band Boosters.  Most candidates have answered; I will repost when answers from Mrs. Blackman and Mrs. Majors are up.   

Don't forget KPGT's forum on April 24th at Morton Ranch High School.  7:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment policy: I welcome your thoughts and questions. However, I won't post any comments from anonymous sources, but will honor a request to have one's name deleted.