Tuesday, May 8, 2012

He's No Relation To Me...

Whoa-- someone confused me the other day for the Crockett mentioned in another blog, "babytigersays." My name is Chris Crockett, and although my middle name is Anne, I am NOT the Ann Crockett mentioned in the post, nor is MY mister the W.E. Crockett that babytiger mentions.  My husband is David Crockett and he and I are not related to Ann and Bill Crockett and we don't know much about them.  My husband's family hails from West Texas, not this area, and we moved here when my husband's job transferred him to the area in 2000.  
When I heard that a candidate's family was being attacked, I was horrified. In the past, candidates were called names, but an unspoken rule was in place that families were "off limits."  Please, PLEASE, PLEASE do not confuse me or my husband with this "gentleman."  Anyone who knows me knows that I believe his tactics are beyond the pale.  I am so saddened by what his actions say about our community.  Thank you, babytiger and others, for standing up to this kind of bullying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment policy: I welcome your thoughts and questions. However, I won't post any comments from anonymous sources, but will honor a request to have one's name deleted.